Thursday, December 4, 2008

My Idol


What is everyone's obsession with being skinny these days? Not just being healthy but but being skinny. Every day i hear women talk about how they are so fat and need to lose weight and I'm just thinking their crazy. As a curvier girl I don't think it's such a bad thing to have a little junk in the trunk or some meet on your bones. Every girl is mad differently and I don't plan on starving myself to try and become something I'm not. Did you know that if Marilyn Monroe was alive today she would be considered a plus size model? She was the epitome of beauty sixty years ago and is still an icon today. She shows me that curvier women can still be considered sexy and beautiful. this is what I strive for instead of killing my self to become skinnier I should focus more on being healty and and comfortable and confident with the body I have. She was proud of the way that she looked so why can't I be.

2 comments:

AwkwardMorning said...

I believe that women should carry more meat on thier bones as well. I think it is very sickly to see a walking skelton with skin hanging from thier bones. Sure they are a size double 00 but they look bad.

just_call_me_juli said...

I agree with this statement because I too am getting sick of seeing these girls that are just trying way too hard to lose weight so they look like models. In my opinion, a model is someone who is pretty, and has a nice shape, but actually looks like she eats healthy, and has meat on her. I'm skinny, but that's just my genetics there's nothing I can do too much about that. I actually asked a doctor a few years ago if there was anything I could do to gain more weight. And the doctor looked at me like I was crazy. I told him I was tired of people always coming up to me and saying how skinny I was and making comments about me like "oh she look annorexic, I wonder if she eats?" Well, I do and that's what bothers me. Girls are going on starvation diets, to become skinnier, but what they don't realize is they're taking away the nutrients from their body that they need in order to grow/develop. So they may be super model skinny, but any figure they may have had, is most likely gone. So what will it be, having meat on bones, and feeling good about yourself, such as Maryln Monoe felt. Or being super model skinny, and sickly? I'm glad that Maryln Monoe was a part of the beauty image back then because she let them know she wasn't afraid to have a little junk in the trunk and still to this day, girls envy her.